The European Utility Week is the annual landmark event of the European energy calendar, gathering relevant market forces and stakeholders in one location. The European Utility Week represents an invaluable opportunity to meet with experts from utilities, network operators, vendors, consultants, startups and system integrators covering the entire smart energy value chain. In 2017, the conference is expected to welcome over 600 exhibitors, 400 speakers and 12.000 visitors from more than 100 countries.
At SAP, our vision is to help the world use energy and natural resources responsibly, finding ways to serve all people reliably, sustainably, and affordably. As digital transformation is reshaping the energy network, we believe that those companies that embrace this digital world and execute on a digital strategy will be the ones that grow shareholder and stakeholder value faster than their peers.
Within that context, SAP Startup Focus has a very broad portfolio of startup partners with strong use cases leveraging revolutionary SAP HANA and SAP Cloud platform technologies that can help businesses realize their goals of anticipating real-time demand and supply and innovating the customer experience.
Five of our pioneering Utility startup will be showcasing their solution on our Startup Focus booth and presenting their valuable customer use cases at SAP’s micro forums during the European Utility Week Conference:
- Meteo Protect: an insurance and reinsurance brokerage firm having the largest team in Europe dedicated exclusively to weather risk management. From risk assessment to the hedging solution, we control each step of the value chain using our own weather database and our own pricing platform.
- Enersis suisse: a startup dedicated to combining Visual Analytics with energy data and has coined the term Visual Energy Analytics. The company’s goal is to analyze large amounts of data electronically, to allow the user to actively intervene at all times with the results of the analysis, and to create transparency through appropriate visualization
- HURU Systems: they offer a platform that drives all assets through the complete supply chain, integrating at each step with existing or new solutions to offer a comprehensive view and control over the lifecycle of each product unit. Huru achieves this by applying a patent pending innovative process that marries chain of custody over each asset and material management to identify and locate with reduced overhead and increased knowledge of material lifecycle.
- Xmpro: they provide an Agile IoT Application Suite that can help companies improve operational performance in weeks. Their model-driven Industrial IoT Application Builder connects industrial IoT data sources to analytics and business applications. Enabling engineers and subject matter to create and deploy real-time IIoT applications for a range of different use cases with little or no coding. These IoT use cases can be deployed in an agile, incremental fashion with the flexibility to change or refine applications as needs evolve.
- Teknoleum: PV² from Teknoleum delivers the rights tools for effectively managing multiple, remote sites and provides actionable insights to optimize PV plant operations, increase output and reduce O&M costs. The app delivers role-based SAP UI5 dashboards with easy-to-consume, visual analytics to enable condition-based maintenance and plant operations optimization.
A sixth Startup Focus member will be present on SAP’s Pavilion, namely Choice Technologies, who offer a winning combination of Revenue Intelligence analytics software specifically designed for theft detection and collection improvement in the Utility industry. Revenue Intelligence was the first application in the utilities arena to be certified as powered by the SAP HANA platform, exploring HANA high-speed in-memory database technology to maximize benefits of its’ artificial intelligence algorithms.
To learn more about how you can transform your business with unparalleled solutions come find our startups at the European Utility Week 2017 in Amsterdam, October 3rd to 5th.